The anchor text strategy is the text of a hyperlink (backlink). In an HTML document, this term or the phrase is usually marked visibly (blue or another color, often underlined). When rolling over, the mouse pointer changes to a hand with a finger.
This anchor text plays an important role in connection with search engine optimization. Because it provides the search algorithm (from Google and Co.) with an important indication of what type of content the linked page is.
What is an Anchor Text?
An anchor text or link text describes an area of a text in a hypertext document that is marked as a hyperlink. The anchor text is linked to a link to a target address. If the user clicks the anchor text with the mouse pointer, the linked target address opens in the browser.
An anchor text is ultimately nothing more than the clickable text of a link. In practice, a link is usually of a different color, in bold or underlined. The text of the clickable link is called anchor text. An anchor text has different meanings. First of all, the user can easily see what further content there is.
SEO Anchor Text Strategy and Relation
Search engines use anchor texts from backlinks to find out how people see the website to be indexed. The idea behind this is that website operators generally have little influence on how your websites are linked and anchor texts are therefore used as a ranking criterion for the search engine results.
The more pages link to your website and describe it with relevant search terms in the anchor text, the better the ranking of the website in the search engine can be as best anchor texts stratgey.
The task of an SEO expert is to make the link structure look as “natural” as possible. Because too many exactly matching keywords in the anchor text can be rated as unnatural and punished by the search engines. From an SEO perspective, anchor text is also classified into different categories.
How To Use Anchor Texts for Backlinks Creation?
Backlinks are still one of the top three ranking criteria, as Google says. With backlinks, in particular, there are many different manipulations and also myths about what the perfect anchor text should look like. An anchor text should appear as natural as possible. Since the Penguin update, Google pays even more attention to quality and that backlinks should never be manipulated. Backlinks should contain different anchor texts and look as natural as possible.
A backlink profile always with the same anchor text is striking and in the worst case is punished by Google. It is now very important that the anchor text of the backlinks fits perfectly into the content and offers the user added value. Google can recognize the thematic relevance very well these days and ultimately the search engine also gets the corresponding signals from the user.
How To Optimize Anchor Texts for Internal Links?
There are also a few things to consider with the internal linking. First of all, the principle also applies – an internal link should fit the topic and provide the user with further information on the topic. Unlike backlinks, whereas few words as possible should be used as anchor text, there is no such limit for internal linking. Although you shouldn’t link an entire sentence here, you don’t have to pay as much attention to it as with the backlinks.
How To Optimize Anchor Text for SEO?
1. Do not always use the same type of anchor text: Wisely distribute different types of anchors. The distribution of your anchor text can affect the ranking of your site on search engines. So this is where you need to focus your energy.
2. Let it be real and universal: According to Google, every part of the site, including links and anchor texts, should offer users real value. Links should be placed so that users can see them and get information about something important and informative. That’s why you should create them without repeating keywords and links to quality and relevant sites.
3. Do not over-optimize: Overly rich anchor text is often avoided by Google. Too often used anchor text based on keywords can even lead to fines by Google. Save it naturally and distribute appropriate incoming links.
4. Follow your anchor texts: When creating return links, you must follow your anchor texts. Otherwise, you may link it to a spam site or use too many keywords and negatively affect your profile. It is very important to organize yourself in order not to optimize your page with dynamic keyword bindings. Tracking will help you follow a systematic process and avoid abuse of already used keywords.
5. Position your anchors carefully: The distribution of anchor text should be proportional because excessive concentration on something would be bad. Although it is difficult to say what is better and better, you should avoid overlaying keywords with strict compliance. You can rely on anchor texts for brands and website names. A detailed analysis of competitors will help you find out what they have used to achieve the highest position.
The anchor text strategy should describe the content of the linked website as precisely as possible and should encourage clicks. Special attention should be paid to the keyword distribution of anchor texts! Since Google’s Penguin update in 2012, the keywords and keyword distribution in anchor texts have been examined more closely to determine the ranking of websites.